Me Sébastien A. Paquette specializes in litigation, with a focus on class actions involving the Consumer Protection Act and the Competition Act. He also acts in the context of estate law litigation (dispute of wills), shareholder disputes and tax litigation.
He began his practice at a national law firm and acts today on behalf of his clients before various Canadian courts. His attention to detail and thoroughness makes him a competent and sought out attorney in the field of litigation.
- Representation at trial of a testamentary claim for an estate valued at more than $1.4 million;
- Representation of members in a putative national class action regarding incorrect display of sale prices;
- Representation of members in a class action alleging misrepresentation by an airline;
- Representation at trial of a minority shareholder with a stake of more than $1.5 million in the context of a shareholder dispute;
- Counsel in a class action lawsuit relating to the application of the Consumer Protection Act;
- Counsel in representations to the Quebec Revenue Agency for an amicable settlement of a major dispute;